Security in an Unsafe World Seminar and Workshop (4 hrs)
Objective: For the student to learn the basics of awareness and protection concepts and apply these concepts to their church environment and daily lives.
Target Student: Current or potential security team members, pastors, church administrators, church staff, security personnel and law enforcement officers.
Format: Classroom and hands on.
Fee: $50 per student. Minimum of 10 students. Payment due at beginning of class.
Admin: To register email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or questions visit us as www.avoidthefight.com
Where: To Be Determined (Host facility gets one free slot)
When: Sat Nov 17th from 8:00AM-12:00PM
Mindset and Awareness (classroom 1 hr)
How to personally cultivate situational awareness and apply it to your daily life and work environment.
- Situational awareness
- Cooper’s Color Codes
- OODA Loop Theory
- Combat Stress and Sympathetic Nervous System Response
- Combat Breathing
- Combat Mindset
- Violence and The Attack Pathway
Behavior Recognition (classroom 1 hr)
How to notice normality and abnormalities in public environments and what to do once an abnormality is recognized.
- The Emotions on their face, The Clothes they wear and The Things they do
- Baselines and anomalies
- Facial recognition concepts
- Pre-indicators of violence
- Personalities of social groups
Security Team Operations (classroom 1 hr)
How to “think like the enemy” and implement protection concepts for you and your organization.
- The 3 levels of church security
- The 5 steps of security team implementation
- Armed team administration requirements
- Point of contact (POC)
- Chain of command (COC)
- Span of control (SOC)
- Training program recommendations and industry best practices
- Protection concepts (Circles and Zones)
- Table top exercises
Auditorium and Large Venue Protection Concepts (auditorium 1 hrs)
How to reasonably respond to abnormalities in large venue settings.
- Case Studies
- Use of force continuum
- Placement recommendations
- Levels of disruption
- Ask, Tell, Make
- Time and distance drills
- Students will be given a list of free and purchasable training resources, books and training materials that they can access on their own time to continue learning about these concepts