For more information visit:
To Register contact Rob at:
“The Training far surpassed my expectations. This is the best hands-on training I have attended pertaining to an active shooter situation. Keep up the great work!” – Chuck, Law Enforcement Officer (Lincoln, NE)
CSAT Church Guardian Certification Course
Safety Systems Group is an authorized trainer for the CSAT Church Security Guardian Course (Also known as Civilian Response to Active Shooter). The Church Security Guardian Course was developed by Paul Howe from Combat Shooting and Tactics. Paul is the owner and lead instructor for CSAT and has over 35 years of experience in law enforcement, military and security areas. Paul’s experience include LE, Tier 1 Special Ops/TL, Tier 1 Senior Instructor, Combat veteran of multiple venues and operations, LE SWAT and Tactical Trainer for over 20 years. A comprehensive list of units/departments Paul has trained can be found at www.combatshootingandtactics.com
COURSE OBJECTIVE: The course will focus on safely resolving active shooter problems wherever they are encountered to include a safe link up with police. Course material will be applicable to CCW holders and law enforcement personnel. This class instructs students on the safe employment of a firearm during active shooter incidents in schools, churches, offices or other venues where these crimes have occurred.
- Course is limited to 12 students.
- Registration: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have a slot in the course unless you get an email from me.
- Price – $700 per student. Payment due at beginning of class.
- Where: LHGK Range in Council Bluffs, IA
- When: Fri Jul 12th-14th.
- Fri Jul 12th 6PM-9PM (Classroom)
- Sat Jul 13th 8AM-5PM (Range)
- Sun Jul 14th 2PM-6PM (Range)
- Class will begin at start time so arrive early enough to get geared up ahead of time and be ready to go when class begins.
- Pistol training certificate (approved by the instructor)
- Current CCW permit from their state
- Safe and adequate holster
- Adequate belt.
- Concealed garment or concealment bag
- Minimum of 3 mags
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Ammunition – 400 rounds
- Active shooter bag or method to carry medical supplies
- Inclement weather gear as appropriate
COURSE OF INSTRUCTION:
- Combat Mindset
- Case Studies
- Range Fire
- Barricade Work
- Vehicle Deployment
- Exterior Contact
- Hallway CQB
- Single CQB
- Link up with Police
CRAS SCORING STANDARDS
There are two components to the CRAS Scoring Standards, Shooting Standards and Scenario Training.
The drills below are designed with three purposes in mind:
1. A measurable standard to maintain.
2. An efficient stair-stepped workout program that covers all the bases.
3. To test the individual shooter at various times to show areas needing improvement.
All shooting standards are shot at 7 yards on a CSAT target. Students have to pass 5 of the 7 drills to be certified. Total of 19 rounds.
Starting position Drill Target Time
1. Ready 1 shot 1 target 2 seconds
2. Holster 1 shot 1 target 3 seconds
3. Ready 2 shots 1 target 3 seconds
4. Ready 5/1 shots 1 target 6 seconds
5. Ready 4 shots 2 targets 7 seconds
6. Ready 1 shot/Malfunction 1 target 5 seconds
7. Ready 4 shots/2 reload 2 1 target 10 seconds
1. Outside Contact
2. Room Contact
3. Hallway Contact/moving a body safely
4. T intersections
5. Tourniquet application
All scenarios must be performed to a standard. Minimum of two body hits per threat target. No misses. No hostage targets will be hit.
Standard picture targets from LE Targets will be used. Standards and scenarios will be shot from concealed carry holsters.