CSAT Church Guardian Certification Program
Safety Systems Group is an authorized trainer for the CSAT Guardian Program. The CSAT Guardian Program was developed by Paul Howe from Combat Shooting and Tactics. Paul is the owner and lead instructor for CSAT and has over 35 years of experience in law enforcement, military and security areas. Paul’s experience include LE, Tier 1 Special Ops/TL, Tier 1 Senior Instructor, Combat veteran of multiple venues and operations, LE SWAT and Tactical Trainer for over 20 years. The Guardian Program is currently being used by school districts in Texas and churches in Nebraska. A comprehensive list of units/departments Paul has trained can be found at www.combatshootingandtactics.com
The Church Guardian Program is a certification process for licensed and responsible CCW holders to act as an authorized emergency response resource during a critical incident. The course will focus on safely resolving active shooter problems wherever they are encountered to include a safe link up with police. Course material will be applicable to church security teams, church staff, pastors and law enforcement personnel.
- Tactical Pistol I and II (or equivalent pistol course with approval).
- Current CCW permit.
- Price $700.00. Payment due at beginning of class.
- Class will be 3 days (1 day classroom and 2 days on the range). Class will begin at start time so arrive early enough to get geared up ahead of time and be ready to go when class begins.
- Course is limited to 12 students.
- Certification is valid for one year.
- 400 rounds of ammunition
- 3 magazines
- Magazine pouch on belt
- Adequate firearm
- Adequate holster
- Strong side holsters only (no cross draw or shoulder holsters)
- Holster must cover the trigger
- Adequate belt
- Eye and ear protection
- Open jacket or open shirt to be used as a concealed garment
- Appropriate range attire (No shorts or sandals. Be aware of flying brass and/or splashback, dress accordingly)
- Water and inclement weather gear (We’ll be outdoors)
- Active Shooter Bag or method to carry medical supplies
COURSE OF INSTRUCTION:
- Equipment check
- Case Studies
- Barricade Work
- Vehicle Deployment
- Exterior Contact
- Hallway CQB
- Single CQB
- Emergency Medical Care
- Link up with Law Enforcement
- Scenario Training
There are two components to the Guardian Scoring Standards, Shooting Standards and Scenario Training. The drills below are designed with three purposes in mind:
- A measurable standard to maintain.
- An efficient stair-stepped workout program that covers all the bases.
- To test the individual shooter at various times to show areas needing improvement.
All shooting standards are shot at 7 yards on a CSAT target. Students have to pass 5 of the 7 drills to be certified. Total of 19 rounds.
- 1 shot from ready 2 seconds
- 1 shot from holster 3 seconds
- 2 shots 3 seconds
- 5/1 shots 6 seconds
- 4 shots 7 seconds on 2 targets
- 1 shot/malfunction 5 seconds
- 4 shots/2 reload 2 10 seconds
All scenarios must be performed to a standard. Minimum of two body hits per threat target. No misses. No hostage targets can be hit. Standard picture targets from LE Targets will be used. Students will be shown gun props prior to running scenario training. Standards and scenarios will be shot from concealed carry holsters and not “admin holsters.”
- Outside contact
- Room contact
- Hallway contact/moving a body safely
- T intersections
- Tourniquet application